OPALCO is a member-owned cooperative committed to democratic member control and community involvement. In the coming weeks, there are a number of opportunities for OPALCO members to join in conversation with the Board, staff and each other. Members are encouraged to participate!
The second in a series of board work sessions on rates is scheduled for Friday, September 22nd beginning at 10 am at the OPALCO office in Eastsound. This session will review and compare rate scenarios, examining member benefits and trade-offs. The first session, held in June, focused on budgetary issues. The series of workshops is in preparation for a comprehensive Cost of Service study in 2018.
Fall open house events are scheduled for the last week of September. These are informal opportunities for members to ask questions and engage in conversation with staff and leadership.
- 9/25: Lopez Woodmen Hall @ 4:30pm
- 9/26: Shaw Community Hall @ 5:45pm
- 9/27: San Juan Island Grange @ 6:00pm
- 9/28: Orcas Senior Center @ 6:00pm
In October, OPALCO is celebrating National Co-op Month in partnership with the Orcas Food Co-op and the San Juan Island Food Co-op. Members are invited to a series of member appreciation events with refreshments, give-aways and fun activities:
- 10/12: San Juan Island Food Co-op, 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- 10/18: OPALCO Friday Harbor office, 9:00am – 3:00pm
- 10/20: Orcas Food Co-op, 11:00am – 1:00pm
- 10/24: OPALCO Lopez Crew Station, 11:00am – 2:00pm
- 10/25: OPALCO Eastsound office, 9:00am – 3:00pm
Get involved with your co-op today!