As member-owned and member-controlled businesses, cooperatives commit to meeting the needs of their members and building stronger communities. Cooperatives strengthen the local economy, generate local jobs, and are committed to giving back to our island communities.
OPALCO has three events planned:
- Friday Harbor: October 18, 9 am – 3 pm
- Lopez: October 24, 11 am – 2 pm
- Orcas: October 25, 9 am – 3 pm
San Juan Island Food Co-op events are:
- Open House, October 12, 6:30 – 8 pm
- Wellness Consultations – October 16 – 20
- Soil Composition Workshop – October 23 – 24
Plus, all goods produced by other co-ops are on sale all month.
Orcas Food Co-op events are:
- 3% Thursday, October 19
- Open House, October 20, 11 am – 1 pm
Please celebrate with your local co-ops this month!
Check Facebook to see why our community loves cooperatives and participate in the I heart my co-op campaign. #iheartmycoop