OPALCO ANNOUNCES BOARD CANDIDATES FOR APRIL ELECTION
CANDIDATE FORUMS SCHEDULED MARCH 4-7TH
OPALCO’s Elections & Governance Committee has interviewed and approved a slate of candidates for the 2019 Board of Directors election. There are seven board members representing four districts and 20 islands. Everybody votes in all elections regardless of their home district. The Candidates are:
- Two open positions in District 3 (Lopez, Decatur, Center and Charles islands):
Peter Garlock and Brian Silverstein
- One open position in District 4 (Shaw, Bell, Crane and Canoe islands):
Peter Hawkes and Dr. Jerry Whitfield
Moderated candidate forums are scheduled:
- March 4: Woodmen Hall on Lopez – 5-6:30pm
- March 5: Grange in Friday Harbor – 5-6:30pm
- March 6: Senior Center on Orcas – 5-6:30pm
- March 7: Community Center on Shaw – 1:30-3pm
Voter materials will be sent out via email or USPS (depending on member preference) on March 11th, when the election opens. Ballots are due online or by mail no later than 10am PST on April 10, 2019. Information on how to vote is clearly stated on the voter materials each member receives and is available online: https://www.opalco.com/election-process-for-directors/how-to-vote/.
Election results will be announced at the Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 13th on the interisland ferry, followed by publication online at www.opalco.com.