In 2022, there will be three positions open: one position in District 1 (San Juan, Brown, Henry, Pearl and Spieden islands), one position in District 3 (Lopez, Decatur, Center and Charles islands, and one position in District 4 (Shaw, Bell, Canoe and Crane islands).
ALL Co-op Members vote in all elections regardless of their home island.
2022 Election Timeline:
- December 15 (2021): Nominations Open
- January 26: Applications to Elections & Governance Committee Due by 12 PST
- February 9: Committee Candidates posted online and in OPALCO offices
- February 18: Applications by Petition Due by 12 PST
- March 4: Complete List of Candidates posted online and in OPALCO offices
- Date TBD: Candidate forum (Virtual) – 5 pm PST
- March 11: Election opens; ballots mailed / emailed
- April 27: Election closes at 10:00 am Pacific Time
- April 30: OPALCO Annual Meeting – election results announced