Your donations make Project Pal possible. Consider helping a fellow islander.
Gift certificates are also available and can be directed to any OPALCO member, regardless of need, anonymously or signed, or simply made out to Project PAL.
Business Pal Partners
Local businesses are partnering with PAL to lend a helping hand in the community. PAL Business Partners can participate in:
- Matching Grants — Donate $1 for every customer who participates in Round Up or PAL +Plus and challenge your employees/customers to participate.
- Point-of Purchase (POP) Displays — Invite your customers to donate to PAL at your registers.
- Sponsorship — Make a direct donation to Project PAL.
Business PAL Partners are recognized on the website, in the annual report and are listed in our Thank You ad in local papers once a year.
Info about Pal
The majority of Pal funds come from donations from co-op members who round up their bill each month and/or make monthly donations.
Project Pal grants are awarded during the heating season (November-April). Complete the online application during the Pal season.
Pal grants are administered by the OPALCO Member Services Team. Eligibility criteria include:
- you are an active member of OPALCO for the 4 months prior to application.
- you are a residential member.
- you qualify for other assistance programs or have special circumstance affecting your household (such as hardships in health, employment or family status).