Orcas Power & Light Cooperative (OPALCO) serves our membership with safe, reliable, sustainable and cost effective essential utility services with a commitment to the utilization of renewable resources and carbon reduction.
The OPALCO Board of Directors and Employees strive for excellence with a passion and determination that is founded on the following values. These values inspire, guide and determine our conduct in carrying out our mission:
- We are dedicated to the 7 Cooperative Principles.
- We are committed to building, nurturing and preserving lasting relationships with our Member-Owners and among ourselves.
- We hold ourselves accountable to the highest legal and ethical standards.
- We are dedicated to financial stewardship of member resources through sound governance, management and operating practices.
- We are a socially responsible member-owned organization; we strive to make a positive impact in our community.
- We care deeply about our island communities and are dedicated to the protection of our sensitive environs.
- We continually evolve our services and offer programs to meet the needs of our membership.
Revised and adopted 6/27/2019