Your OPALCO account information is online and available around the clock. You can view and pay your bill, or review your usage at any time of the month. Bills are generated each month for a billing period that is typically 30 days that can vary from month to month. Read our new Understand Your Bill page for an explanation of each section of your OPALCO bill. Want to know what your bill is made up of? Check out this short explanation of revenue and your Co-op’s cost of service.
If you need to make a change to your billing information, call your local OPALCO business office between 8AM and 4:30PM Monday through Friday.
Five simple ways to pay your energy bill
- SmartHub (online)
- AutoPay – bank account or credit card
- SecurePay (by phone)
- In person by visiting an OPALCO Office in Eastsound or Friday Harbor between 8 AM and 4:30 PM Monday through Friday
- Drop your payment in the drop boxes at the OPALCO offices any time
Pay your bill in SmartHub on a computer or mobile device. Download the SmartHub app to your tablet or smartphone.
- SmartHub lets you set up how you want to pay with bank or credit card and get your bill notification by email. This saves your Co-op postage, paper and staff time. You can still view the billing inserts here.
- And you can track your energy usage day-to-day, and compare month-to-month or year-over-year usage. Try out the Bill Comparison tool to better understand your business or household energy-use patterns.
Go to your SmartHub account to sign up for AutoPay – or call 360-376-3500 for help accessing your account. With AutoPay, the security deposit is waived (or returned). You can pick your payment date: the first business day of the month or the first business day after the 16th of each month. AutoPay removes any worries about late payments and late fees.
Pay by phone
Use SecurePay, our automated, highly-secure, over-the-phone payment option and pay your bill after hours. This free service is available around the clock by calling 1-888-999-0847 or by calling OPALCO directly (select option 3 on the auto-attendant). You’ll be given the instructions on the line, and you’ll want to
- Know your OPALCO account number (view your online or paper bill), and
- Have your credit card of choice handy.
Pay in person
Pay in person during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM) by using check, cash or credit card at our Eastsound and Friday Harbor offices.
Drop box payment
Leave your payment into one of our drop boxes at the following locations in addition to the OPALCO business offices.
- Orcas Island: Islanders Bank
- Lopez Island: Lopez Island Pharmacy
- San Juan Island: Islanders Bank
If you need assistance, contact Member Services. We can help you understand your OPALCO bill.