Orcas Power & Light Cooperative (OPALCO) member-owners are encouraged to read the Annual Reports and to participate in the Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting is held each year at the end of April or early May aboard a Washington state ferry, traveling between islands.
Attend the Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting is set for Saturday, May 6, 2017. What happens at the Annual Meeting? You get to meet your co-op family, the OPALCO Board members and staff, and hear from the General Manager about the state of the Co-op. We serve a healthy bag lunch to members, and sometimes have supporting agencies there to answer your questions, for example the Conservation District staff or our BPA team. This year, we’re celebrating our 80th Anniversary and will have some special prizes and activities:
- $8 bill credit for all member households who attend (one per membership)
- 8 members who get their ballot in on time will be drawn for a $80 bill credit – winners announced at the Annual Meeting
- Special 80th anniversary gifts
- Cupcakes for all!!
- More time for members to talk with OPALCO staff and leadership, visit booths and catch up with friends from all over San Juan County
- Fewer door prizes, but prizes of greater value and relevance to our mission
Read the Annual Report
The Annual Report is available at the Annual Meeting and online. Limited hard copies will be available in OPALCO’s offices following the annual meeting, while supplies last. What will you find there? A brief financial report, an update on the election process, stories on our submarine replacement project and solar community projects, member profiles and more.
- VOTE in the annual election online or by mail. Ballots must be received by Thursday, May 4th @ 10:30 am PDT. No more voting on the boat!
- Visit our How to Vote page for more information.
- For this year’s voter’s guide, travel schedule, candidate bios and more, please visit our Resource Library.
Some content on this page is saved in an alternative format. To view these files, download the following free software.
- PDF Documents: Get Adobe® Reader®